Apr 22, 2010

Absence........

It's been a little time since I've updated my blog and as usual a lot has happened. I talked to my dad who's in jail. He called me and all my sisters to let us know when he'll be out. My mom being who she is could care less lol. She's always would tell us that he didn't want to see us but she just was keeping him away from us. People hold grudges for too long but on the other hand I can see where she's coming from. He was in and out of our lives until I turned 18. Since I turned 18 and moved out he's been pretty steady. He's the person who always tells me.."if you need anything..you know im a call away". I don't think women understand whats its like to grown up without a father figure and not having someone who understands your thoughts. I stayed in a house with 4 women for 18 years and it was NOT easy at all. I had my grandfather around but I just never really been close to him. I never felt like I could be myself around him because he's such a "Holy Roller". I can talk to my pops about ANYTHING and he understands and give me advice. He calls every few days to check on me and we kick shit and watch sports. I never had that with my mother because she had 3 girls she had to focus on so I always did my own thing which honestly made me stronger. It probably the reason why its always been easy for me to make friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment